Working in IT at this Global Financial Organisation is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. They encourage innovation and value excellence. They are a global function that's managed locally and this allows them to develop and deploy systems and processes across their international offices.
The Global Information Security function ensures the business is able to operate safely in a dynamic threat and technological environment by effectively managing the risks to its information assets. To achieve this aim, the function contains teams responsible for Cyber Security, Insider Security, Information Risk Management, Technology Risk and the Information Security Change Programme.
They also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements, with this specific opportunity available to applicants from 3 to 5 days per week. They passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an IT Risk professional to join a global team and support the delivery of the IT Risk Strategy. The ideal candidate will be a motivated professional who values integrity and has strong foundations in the Technology Risk and Controls domain. The role also requires the ability build trustworthy relationships and experience in improving the maturity and effectiveness of Technology risk and control environment.
The Technology Risk manager will provide critical execution support on technology, regulatory, risk and audit projects and initiatives across key technology domains. The role will directly report to the Global Head of Technology Risk and will actively contribute to developing and delivering our vision to transform Technology Risk Management through improved governance and control.
• Take the lead in enhancing the risk and control framework through validation of controls and control assessments as per the methodology prescribed by Group Risk
• Support the Global Head of Technology Risk and CISO, to coordinate response to regulatory requests, and the delivery of strategic enhancements to Technology Risk management practice.
• Identify potential control gaps and engage with technology control owners to recommend and help ensure the most effective solution for the business
• Proactively identify emerging risks through working closely with technology teams with an excellent understanding of the business context
• Maintain the completeness and accuracy of IT risks and mitigating actions in risk register
• Drive closure of technology issues and actions resulting from audits or other reviews; work with action owners to gather and evaluate appropriates of evidence or escalate appropriately
• Assist in preparation of pack for the monthly Global Technology Risk Committee
• Coordinate the delivery of external audit commitments
The role does not include line management responsibilities.
General and Technical Skills:
• Experience in Technology Risk, Technology Audit or related field
• Experience with SSAE16/ISAE3402/AAF reporting requirements
• Proven ability to analyse and manage issues through to resolution
• Inspiring and collaborative leader; engaging with teams to deliver change
• Ability to build trustworthy relationships
• Capable of multitasking and flexible when priorities shift
• Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self-improvement.