Location: City of London
Reports to: Business Continuity Manager
• The business continuity analysis (BCA) will assist with the implementation of the Business Continuity Management programme.
• They will report to the Head of Business Continuity Management to assess and review transitional projects, disaster recovery implementation and planning to align with Recovery Time and Recovery Point Objectives. To support the activities of the Risk & Compliance team and champion the embedding of a compliance awareness culture throughout the business.
• Assist in Business Continuity activities - shaping, influencing and delivering Business Continuity Management in line with the group strategy, policy and standards.
• Support the Business Change Management Function ensuring that individual projects take into consideration BCP requirements in order that the agreed level of Continuity Management is maintained.
• Provide detailed specialist business continuity advice to a range of critical projects and business areas to review service priorities, recovery time objectives and detailed resilience needs based on contractual and commercial drivers.
• Design and deliver e-learning continuity and recovery Training and Education Programmes
• Assist with updating the business continuity areas within the corporate data base
• Work with Operational Risk to identify and log generic risks, issues and events. Report findings and provide recommendations as appropriate.
• Act as Subject Matter Expert in meetings with project managers and suppliers
Qualifications: Academic/ Professional/ Regulatory:
• Certified Member of the Business Continuity Institute (MBCI) or above desirable.
• Strong project transition skills with Prince2 and ITIL certification desirable
• Higher level qualifications such as A Levels or Degree (or equivalents) are desirable.
Personal skills, experience and technical knowledge required for the role
• Minimum 3 years of BCM experience, preferably in the Financial Services Sector
• Evidence of delivering to deadlines.
• Detailed knowledge of current best practice in the business continuity industry.
• Experience of delivering a Training and Education Programme would be beneficial.
• Strong communication, facilitation and influencing skills to present ideas in business- friendly and user-friendly language.
• The skill to think logically and analyse complex situations for effective and sometimes 'out of the box' solutions
• The ability to produce clear and concise reports in a timely and cost-effective manner
• Self-motivator who will plan, organise and manage their workload
• Displays enthusiasm, credibility and determination.
• Ability to grasp new ideas and concepts quickly and use them effectively.
• Passion for continuous improvement.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.