||Data Governance Analyst
||£37,600 - £40,000 depending on experience.
We are looking for a Data Governance Analyst to join our Data Management & Assurance Team. You will be joining an experienced and passionate team of data governance professionals, looking to further enhance and develop the governance of data across the organisation.
As a Data Governance Analyst, you will assist in the establishment and operation of key data governance structures and processes, and the on-going management of various data governance applications. As a Data Governance Analyst, building strong relationships with key stakeholders across the company will be vital to success, as will leveraging your data governance knowledge and communication skills to enhance and embed the data governance framework.
Please note – the role will initially be based from home, when safe to do so you will be required to visit our offices 40% of your working week.
Main Responsibilities as a Data Governance Analyst:
• Embedding, evolving and operating components of the data governance framework e.g. data quality monitoring and resolution, data catalogue and business glossary development, record retention and deletion etc.
• Data Governance SME, providing support and advice to the business and identified data governance stakeholders, e.g. Data Stewards, Data Owners etc.
• Operating and administrating data governance tools
• Support communications and associated plans relating to data, the data governance policy and governance activity etc., both formally through dashboards, metrics reporting and commentary in reports, and informally throughout the organisation
• Creating, supporting and facilitating business processes associated with Data Governance
• Creating and supporting the collation and publishing of all required MI on the governance of data
• Assisting and driving the development of the data governance policy and controls, and their application across the business
• Recording and collating data incidents and associated action plans, in partnership with relevant stakeholders
• Driving and supporting the development and operation of the Data Risk Register and Incident Logs
• The role holder will be expected to manage their time and resources to ensure that allocated work is delivered on time and to the required quality
Skills and experience you need as a Data Governance Analyst:
• Working to improve the governance of one or more of the following areas: Data Quality, Metadata & Data Lineage, Policy, Data Lifecycle Management, Data Retention & Deletion, Reference or Master Data Management
• Demonstrable knowledge of DAMA Framework.
• An understanding of structured and non-structured data, Data Lakes, cloud environments, documentation and management of data risks, the governance of change or regulatory activities
• Experience working with Data Governance tooling, such as Collibra, Alation or Axon etc.
• Experience designing or delivering elements of a Data Governance framework or associated solutions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Writing and/or enforcement of Policy, Principles, Standards or Controls
• Effectively communicating at various levels of an organisation to influence change and manage stakeholder engagement
• Strong organisational skills and confident to chair workshops / meetings
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Team player, develops own potential, encourages others and shares requisite knowledge
• Forward thinking. Proactive rather than reactive.
• Displays enthusiasm, is encouraging and positive
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy within the Data Governance Analyst role
• A competitive pension for which Ageas will pay twice the amount.
• Generous number of holidays with the option to buy up to 10 additional days.
• Annual Salary review.
• Discretionary annual bonus based on personal and company performance.
• Life assurance of 4 x salary with the option to flex up.
• Return to work programme scheme.
• Flexible benefits package (private medical insurance, health and dental plans, free life assurance policy, discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme as well as discounts with a wide range of retailers).
• Support groups- well-being activities, yoga, mindfulness sessions, Sports and Social Club events and more.