||Financial Services Organisation
|| £60,000 (flex)
The Data Governance Manager will oversee a cross-functional community of Data Management and Governance practitioners to ensure the successful implementation of a robust Data Governance Framework and Service Model.
Playing an influential role in embedding, maturing, and integrating broader data governance capabilities in collaboration with existing governance functions to make this a truly data-led organisation.
You will be responsible for delivering the Governance roadmap and communicating progress and maturity assessments as the capabilities are embedded. You will promote a culture of awareness, defining the necessary roles, structures, processes, policies and standards, ensuring suitable applications and processes are in place to drive better data governance, improving data quality and trust in information assets across the Organisation.
Data and analytics have been identified as key enablers to improve performance, drive growth and achieve competitive advantage. In order to unlock this value a deliberate transformation has been initiated to centralise and modernise its data services.
This has resulted in the creation of the EDS (Enterprise Data Services) function which brings together all the required capabilities under four pillars: Data management & Assurance, Data Platforms & Development, Data Reporting & Strategy and Data Science & Analytics. These core pillars are supported by the operational functions of Communication, Engagement & Community and the Data Transformation Team.
Owner of Governance applications, with responsibility of application administration, configuration, data lineage, business glossary definition, data dictionary and other metadata management activities, working with vendor in respect of the toolset's roadmap, enhancing functionality and development;
SME providing ad-hoc and project support and advice as required to the business, and stakeholders with defined network of data roles such as Data Owners, Data
Liaise, consult and co-operate with existing Governance functions, to ensure both a "one voice" for Governance and monitoring of governance activity in relation to data;
Owner of communications and associated plans, with regards to data, data policies, the implementation of the Governance Framework;
Quarterly governance Maturity Assessments and KPI reporting
Skills and experience:
• Degree, or equivalent experience in governance, risk, auditing, information security, data protection, data management, computer science, programming or business.
• Implementing Data Governance discipline of Data Management in large enterprise(s)
• Leading or playing a significant role in successfully delivering data management solutions or significant cultural change
• Successful team management and development
• Effective communication with all levels of the organisation to influence data change
• Stakeholder and Vendor Management
• Delivering effective Data Quality Management solutions that have provided tangible business benefit and value
• Application of Governance techniques and practices across various data sources such as DB2, data warehouses, Data Lake or Hadoop, and across structured or unstructured data
• Data Integration, Data Flow, and Data life-cycle understanding
• Data Quality tools and Management eg Informatica, Talend, SaS
• Governance tools eg Collibra
• Demonstrable knowledge of DAMA Framework or Certified Data Management Professional
• Policy, Principles and Standards writing and enforcement
• Ability to actively lead people through change and take ownership for creating and delivering against vision and roadmap
• The ability to influence at all levels within the company, developing and maintaining effective relationships to work across various business, technical, and governance functions
• Strong leadership and influencing skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Recognises and develops potential so that the team has the necessary knowledge, skills and experience.
• Forward thinking. Proactive rather than Reactive.
• Displays enthusiasm, is animated, infectious, encouraging and positive
• Identifies and takes up opportunities to coach others on a formal and informal basis
• Ownership, and instils a sense of trust, accountability and honesty