Reference No: 2039/26
Location: City of London
Reports to: Head of Information Security and Data Protection
Salary: £75,000 - £80,000
To support the Head of Information Risk and Data Protection to deliver the requirements that have come out of the Data Privacy Act 2018 (GDPR). The individual would be required to support the drive for cultural change to ensure a Privacy by Design culture. Ensure effective DP practices are delivered the organisation. The individual will work engage across multiple departments to provide data privacy experience and support staff engagement and embedding data privacy knowledge and practices across the organisation. The individual will be expected to stay on top of the latest guidance and practices regarding data privacy and identify where activities may need to change as a result.
• Assist in supporting staff awareness across the group.
• Provide support for Data Protection functions, such as Subject Access Requests.
• Engage with project teams to complete Data Privacy Impact Assessment.
• Engage with legal to ensure Privacy Notices and contracts are up to date.
• Support stakeholders in addressing policy breaches and subsequent investigation.
• Support activities of the Risk & Compliance team
• Champion the embedding of a compliance awareness culture throughout the business
• Attend and actively participate in any BD committees
• Act as mentor to more junior peer colleagues providing motivation and empowerment where appropriate.
• Demonstrate and encourage continuous improvement and innovative thinking; identify and correct shortfalls in performance levels.
• Identify and implement efficiencies to ensure team priorities continue to be met.
• Demonstrate correct application of business processes to internal/external stakeholders.
• Present self professionally and knowledgeably with stakeholders – trusted to represent R&C across the business in forums / projects.
• Challenge the views of others (including more senior members) providing justification / rationale as appropriate.
• Identify and escalate issues implementing required solutions and assisting more junior peer colleagues in developing solutions.
• Anticipate upcoming change and flexibly prepare shifting priorities according to demand.
Qualifications: Academic/ Professional/ Regulatory:
• Higher level qualifications such as A Levels or Degree (or equivalents) are desirable.
• CIPP or BSC qualification is desirable
• IAPP member
Personal skills, experience and technical knowledge required for the role.
• Providing advice and guidance on data privacy practices to non-subject matter experts.
• Experience of working within different data privacy operating models in various organisations.
• Working with business and technical analysts to identify how processes and technology need to be developed and amended to meet the latest data privacy legislation.
• Undertaking and reviewing DPIAs, data flow mapping and determining the legal basis for processing personal data.
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written skills.
• Ideally experience within the financial services sector.
• Understands how the role contributes to the wider business agenda and benefit / impact on the success of the business.
• Builds strong internal networks across different levels of the organisation and develops networks beyond own business area including externally.
• Excellent administration, planning and organisation skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Displays enthusiasm, credibility and determination.
• Ability to grasp new ideas and concepts quickly and use them effectively.
• Passion for continuous improvement.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.