||Eastleigh or Bournemouth
||Cloud Services Manager
The IT Cloud Services Engineer will report into the Cloud Services Manager and will be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of cost efficient and robust IT Services hosted in the Cloud. The job holder will work closely with IT technical teams and service providers to provide technical expertise and support the seamless transition of services to production. The Cloud Services Engineer will also deputise for the Cloud Services Manager when appropriate.
Main Responsibilities as IT Cloud Services Engineer:
• Technical support for Cloud technologies.
• Configuration of some of the applications included in the Microsoft 365 product suite.
• May sometimes lead and direct the work of the Cloud Services team and will deputise for the IT Cloud Services Manager.
• Continually look for process improvements to optimise cloud consumption cost model.
• Maintain awareness and knowledge of developments from Cloud service providers.
• Monitor the performance of the Cloud based systems and provide proactive guidance on improvements.
• Provide guidance and support for Technical stakeholders and Cloud Support teams.
• Work with internal stakeholders to understand requirements and how they can be delivered in a Cloud hosted environment.
• Develop IT Cloud Services delivery plans along with associated communications, ensuring that all stakeholders are aware and prepared for any impending Cloud related changes.
• Identify and manage risks, issues and conflicts to ensure effective resolution and timely delivery.
• Effectively communicate the required delivery expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion and ensure delivery is on track or manage any changes to the timeline efficiently.
• Foster collaboration and build relationships with the development teams and suppliers to enable the efficient delivery of Cloud Services solutions.
• Contribute to the processes to measure the service i.e. monitoring the provision of services, including billing, effective use of resources or overall predictive planning.
Skills and experience you need as IT Cloud Services Engineer:
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of cloud technology, including Software as Service (SaaS), Platform as Service (PaaS), or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
• Strong technical skills in developing IaC and collaboration with DevOps teams with a proven track record of working with Azure DevOps, CI/CD pipelines, tools and processes.
• Experience of migrating on-premise services to the Cloud, specifically Azure
• Experience with Cloud Networking included Express Route, DMZ config and routing.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills, which are essential for interacting with key stakeholders at all levels across the project to manage, inform and influence successful project outcomes.
• Commercial experience of Cloud technologies.
• Expertise in setting and managing stakeholder expectations.
• Ability to keep up to date with technology trends in the Cloud space to enable leverage any opportunities.
• Possesses a distinctive blend of business acumen and IT Infrastructure/Development knowledge.
• An appreciation for DevOps methods (communication, collaboration, integration & automation).
• Demonstrates personal commitment to change through actions and words.
• Acts as Cloud SME within the business.
• Communicates ideas or positions in a persuasive manner that builds support, agreement or commitment for change.
• Takes actions that directly or indirectly influence others to create buy-in, gain trust and motivate actions in others, or win concessions without damaging relationships.
• Ability to facilitate win-win solutions when conflicts emerge.
• Makes decisions and recommendations clearly linked to the company plan and designs processes to guide the organisation and people transition through change.
• Defines standards in terms of doing what is appropriate and doing it well.
• Competes resourcefully and takes calculated risks to achieve results.
• Incorporates business priorities, strategies, goals, emerging technologies, industry trends and economic viability.
• Ensures short term decisions link to long term plans.
The benefits you can enjoy within the IT Cloud Services Engineer role:
• A competitive pension for which your employer will pay twice the amount.
• Generous number of holidays with the option to buy up to 5 additional days.
• Annual Salary review.
• Actuarial study support is available.
• Discretionary annual bonus based on personal and company performance.
• Life assurance of 4 x salary with the option to flex up.
• Return to work programme scheme.
• Flexible benefits package (private medical insurance, health and dental plans, free life assurance policy, discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme as well as discounts with a wide range of retailers.
• Support groups- well-being activities, yoga, mindfulness sessions, Sports and Social Club events and more.