Title: IT Security Specialist
Reference No: 2150
Company: Financial Services
Salary: Up to £110,000
We are looking for an IT Security Specialist to join our IT Team. This role will be part of the global security architecture and engineering function with twin teams in US and APAC regions. The main objective of the role will serve as a key technical resource in Global Cyber and Information Security (GCIS) organisation. You will be working with other Information Security colleagues, IT & Infrastructure organisation and Business teams globally to provide security architecture support and recommendations.
• Build Information Security architectural standards, artefacts, design patterns and technical specs documents.
• Assess, supervise and recommend improvements to the global security architecture to improve security posture, mitigate risks and balancing costs.
• Coordinate and collaborate with project teams to ensure alignment to security design patterns and standard processes.
• Designs and collaborates on solutions that balance business requirements with information security requirements.
• Proactively identifies technical and architectural risks, commenting and/or providing alternatives for improvement.
• Lead efforts for security technology evaluations, participates in proof-of-concept testing and provide in-depth analysis of the proposed solution.
• Collaborate and partner with various key collaborators across the enterprise to ensure alignment with the overall intended design.
• Partner with architects and engineers with in infrastructure, network, application and business teams to ensure that solutions are developed and managed as per policies and standards
• Assists with risk mitigation and governance activities aligned with security architecture compliance.
• While primary role of the architect is to build architectural designs and documentation, this role also needs to periodically assist with security configurations on commercial and home-grown solutions.
Your Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field;
• CISSP, CISA or GIAC certification preferred;
• Architecture Framework certification, advantageous
• Proven track record working with at least one cloud provider (Azure, AWS and/or GCP)
• Solid knowledge with networking, firewalls, end point protection, Identity and Access Management and data protection.
• Proven knowledge of cloud (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS) offerings
• Hands on experience working with few industry leading products in network, data protection, cloud and application security
• Proven knowledge in implementing security standards frameworks (NIST - CSF, ISO 27001, CSA CCM, PCI-DSS, GDPR)
• Solid knowledge and experience in enterprise architecture frameworks such as; TOGAF
• Proven cybersecurity experience
• Experience in detailing reference architectures, standards and position papers
• Demonstrated working experience in a regulated and globally distributed environment
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills with an ability to communicate technical challenges to technical and non-technical audiences internal and external to the organisation
• Flexible and resilient, handle various demands planned and unplanned
• Demonstrable ability to handle various tasks and projects simultaneously
• Problem solver and desire to manage issues, pragmatic and realistic with solutions.
Eligible to work in the UK.