Reports to: Group Head of Financial Crime Investigations
Salary: £70,000 - £80,000
Benefits: Very generous
Background and Purpose:
Working within the Financial Crime Investigations team, the Senior Digital Forensic Investigator has a Group-wide role to coordinate appropriate investigation resources, inside or outside the Group, to conduct complex or sensitive digital forensic investigations. The role holder will also personally conduct or support complex or sensitive investigations as required.
The role holder will own and develop Group-wide processes and Operating Standards for the development and provision of digitally-focused investigations. This includes digital and mobile forensics, eDiscovery, network and log-based investigations and open-source investigations. The Financial Crime team works with many Business Unit (BU) investigation teams across the Group spanning areas like Financial Crime, Fraud, HR, Legal, Compliance and Information Security. The role holder will support, guide, oversee and challenge BUs in the conduct of digital forensic investigations.
The role holder will ensure quality and consistency of the approach and outcomes of digital forensic investigations.
The role holder will ensure that all relevant jurisdictional requirements and guidelines are adhered to at all times, including those from law enforcement, regulatory requirements, industry standards and best practice. The role holder will operate within the organisations policies and guidelines defined for investigations, information security and the staff code of conduct.
The role holder must grow and maintain an internal network of technical, business and vendor contacts to facilitate the timely collection of evidence in support of an investigation. They will also represent the Group and department at external forums and meetings.
• Conduct digital forensic investigations across the Group in support of BUs or at the direction of the Group Head of Financial Crime Investigations as required.
• Provide Digital Investigation and eDiscovery services, technical advice and support.
• Provide clear and effective support and guidance to BUs regarding complex investigations, case development and policy
• Design effective working practices to ensure timely and sound progress of complex investigations
• Design and refine policy and procedures for BAU digital forensic activities undertaken by BUs
• Ensure compliance to policy and procedure through regular QA/QC activity
• Prepare written reports (e.g. narrative, graphic, statistical) detailing findings, investigative methods and techniques for management review purposes
• Management of digital forensics budget
• Management and oversight of improvement projects as required
• Establish, maintain and develop relationships with key vendors who provide software and solutions to Financial Crime Investigations
• Maintain and produce MI as required
• Provide verbal briefings and updates to management at all levels (including the Board) in respect of progress of digital forensic investigations
• Strong understanding of the regulatory requirements that businesses in the Group operate under
• Delivery of assurance program on behalf of regional and local BU teams
• Develop and deliver long-term strategy for digital forensics and eDiscovery in conjunction with other Group functions
• Review and ensure appropriate training and personal development takes place for all involved with BU digital forensic investigations
• Core Competences Required:
• In-depth knowledge of theories, principles and practices of case and investigative work
• Extensive experience in digital forensics and/or eDiscovery with a demonstrable competence in service delivery and project management
• Familiarity with specialist digital forensic and eDiscovery investigation tools,
• Understanding and experience of operating in a highly regulated environment
• Excellent written, design and oral skills, including presentation skills
• Experience of risk management and regulatory frameworks
• Ability to manage conflicting views calmly and prioritise work while under severe time constraints
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build positive and effective relationships at all levels both internally and externally
• The ability to set, manage and work to objectives and budgetary controls effectively
• The ability to develop, implement, review and amend internal processes and procedures
• Travel within the UK and abroad as necessary
• Represent the Group and department at external forums and meetings.
• Recognition as a subject matter expert by the investigations ‚community of interest