Company: Financial Services
Location: UK wide
Reports to Head of IT Security
Salary: Up to £85,000
It’s an exciting time to join the Security team, with significant investment planned in all UK&I businesses to transform, deliver new digital services to our customers and streamline and automate our business processes. With a consultive approach and a variety of exciting change projects on the horizon, we support the business as Subject Matter Experts within security, whilst driving the outcome of secure solutions through assessing risk and building pragmatic solutions to mitigate those risks within the risk appetite.
Working in the Security team, the Senior Security Officer will be reporting into the Head of IT Security and will gain fantastic exposure across Security/Risk and Business Controls. We’re adopting a Hybrid way of working, empowering our people to balance their time between home and any UK office in a way that works best for them, their team, and our customers.
What you’ll be doing:
• Liaise with UK CTO and other assigned groups to manage the security portions of strategic projects, working within the project teams to achieve goals on time and on budget.
• Deliver assigned UK Security projects, enhancing our controls and closing new risks, on time and on budget.
• Liaise with Group, UK CTO and Operating entity architecture teams, including Security architecture, to maintain consistency across group strategy, and to maintain governance over the UK IT Systems.
• With the UK Security team to provide consultancy on the security aspects of business goals and plans outside CTO.
• To build secure solutions which can be measured, for example on Coverage, Quantity, and Quality metrics, and can be moved into a supportable and maintainable Business as Usual state.
• To assist the rest of UK Security producing risk assessments of Group and 3rd party tools and platforms, as required.
• Provide technical consultancy on 3rd party risk for specific solutions.
• Act as subject matter expert to the business and to other members of the Security team as required.
• Proactively investigate new threats to the business and propose solutions to address them.
• Previous experience in a similar IT security role
• A strong customer focus to ensure internal stakeholder needs are met
• Project management skills
• Some knowledge and understanding of the issues and key information requirements affecting the IT environment
• Disciplined and organised mind-set with a good attention to detail
• Excellent time management skills, including the ability to manage a demanding and variable workload with tight deadlines
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to negotiate and resolve conflict
• Good analytical skills and the ability to clearly identify key issues
As a precondition of employment for this role, you must be eligible and authorized to work in the United Kingdom.
What We Offer
One of the best things about joining us is our rewards package. You can expect to receive:
Annual company & performance-based bonus
Contributory pension scheme (up to 12% employer contributions)
Life Assurance (up to 10 x annual salary)
28 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
Opportunity to buy up to 5 extra days leave or sell up to 3 days leave