Company: Financial Services
Location: London, Croydon or Manchester
Reports to IT Security Manager
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
No. Required: 1
Start Date: ASAP
We’re looking for a SOC Analyst to join our international organisation.
You'll be assessing situations whilst keeping our business safe is your top priority.
With a wealth of experience when it comes to managing system events and alerts; you'll be focussed on building and implementing security solutions.
• Design information security systems and solutions within challenging timeframes and within budget. Recognise, investigate and respond to security events, both automated and manual.
• Your role ensures the total IT security of our data through complete & timely administration of our security products.
• Monitor the output of vulnerability assessment tools, use positive relationships with system owners to fix the issues. Offer insight to the latest IT Security trends, helping to deliver new and dedicated solutions to the business.
• Support the 1st and 2nd Line of defence risk functions. Ensure we adopt a one best way approach, producing local guidelines where appropriate.
• Work effectively with critical partners across the organisation.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent with qualifications such as CISSP or GIAC preferred.
• Working knowledge of information security practices and regulatory compliance such as Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.
• Demonstrable experience in a similar role in a financial services organisation; Cyber Security related experience, data loss prevention and/or infrastructure security hardening.
• Superb communication and presentation skills with the ability to analyse and interpret information.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to handle change with ease.
• Eligible to work in the UK