Location: Home + occasional travel to client sites as required
Reports to CEO
The role sits within a cyber security services company supplying professional services across a broad range of sectors. The Company was initially formed in 2008 to specialise in payment card security and has since grown organically into a highly respected thought-leading information risk, cyber security and compliance consultancy.
The Security Services Company are seeking a Head of Managed Service to join the team. Reporting to the CEO, the Virtual CISO has the following main areas of responsibility:
• Product and Service Development
• Client Engagement and Oversight
• Creating Client Security strategies
• Overseeing client security strategies
• Working collaboratively with other departments of the consultancy to ensure a holistic service delivery
We are looking for a business leader who has a technical background, knowledge of information security regulations and has worked in a similar senior role in the cyber security industry. You'll be able to implement an outsourced cyber security solution with clients and run the function whilst guiding the business on a strategic and tactical level.
Our ideal candidate will have operated at board / senior management level, have a hands-on technical consultancy background in cyber security with knowledge of client’s systems architecture, have an understanding of a variety of sectors and have managed programmes and teams. You will be happy to transfer your know-how and knowledge to a small consultancy environment. Using your excellent leadership, relationship and people management skills, you will work with a fantastic team of highly respected consultants delivering products and services to corporate clients. You will take responsibility for the growth and success of the function:
- take an active role in developing, reviewing and improving portfolio of products and services
- engage with key clients directly to provide strategic consulting services, strategic direction, hands-on management, being a trusted advisor to the client’s leadership team and point of escalation
- ensure the services are delivered in line with the client’s strategy both hands-on and strategically
- explain the importance and value of security controls including architectural patters and cloud security principles
- designing and implementing technical security controls
- manage the team - motivate, support, develop, recruit & retain the team
- hold responsibility for the growth and profitability of the function
- contribute to, communicate and support the implementation of the Company's strategy
- identify future capability requirements based on emerging threats
- contribute to the growth of the Company
What you will find:
The Company is going through an exciting period of organisational growth and we work with high profile clients in a diverse and interesting landscape. Our business is continually evolving to meet the greater security needs of our clients. This is a great opportunity to join a fast paced entrepreneurial and thought-leading company and have an impact on the success of our information security managed service offering.
The right candidate will join the leadership team and use their entrepreneurial mindset to build and own their business unit as part of a small, established and thought-leading Consultancy. Working in a supportive and pragmatic culture, you will make a real impact on the service provision to our clients and be integral to the growth of our business.
We reward on success and are fully committed to promoting the on-going career development and future growth of our staff.