Information Security Solutions 169th Executive Dinner for CISOs & Heads of Information Security
The dinner will be held on Monday 22nd of July in the Private Dining Room at the Four Season Hotel, Ten Trinity Square.
Dressed Dorset Crab
Romesco Sauce, Gaufrette Potatoes, Spinach Salad
Seared Black Angus Beef Fillet
Oxtail Pie, Truffled Celeriac, Bordelaise Sauce
Guanaja Chocolate Fondant
Fresh Raspberries and Torrone Nougat Ice Cream
Tea, Coffee and Petit Four
Please let us know in advance if you have any special dietary requirements or alergies so that we can accommodate an alternative menu.
5:30 to 6:30 Champagne Reception
6:30 to 7:00 Sponsors talk
7:00 to 8:00 1st & 2nd Course Dinner
8:00 to 8:30 Guest speaker talk
8:30 to 8:45 3rd Course
8.45 to 10:00 Debating the issues raised
Topic for the evening
Today, due to the rapidly changing and aggressive nature of cyber attacks, effective security teams are transforming their programs from regulation and compliance-based to 100% risk-based. This transformation has created a need for a new set of security solutions that can provide insights on external threat trends to inform long-term security strategy as well as identify and alert in real time on threats that pose a real risk to the organization.
Threat intelligence is an essential part of understanding the real threat landscape, prioritizing risk reduction spend, and responding to threats faster and more effectively. Without the outside perspective that threat intelligence provides, organizations cannot effectively execute a risk-based approach to managing security programs. To be effective, threat intelligence must provide broad visibility, centrally collect and manage internal and external intelligence, deliver relevant information in real time, and be seamlessly integrated into existing security processes and technologies.
Threat intelligence is not another silo in security — it is a component of all security functions. Intelligence-led security includes:
- Identify – Gain a comprehensive view of the real threat landscape targeting the organization and create a measurable view of the risk environment.
- Protect – Identify current and future threats targeting the organization and use intelligence to align security investments and solutions to maximize risk reduction.
- Detect – Leverage knowledge of attack patterns to hunt for threats inside the organization and add context to event alerts to quickly identify true incidents.
- Respond – Research incidents for faster, more complete response.
- Recover – Identify stolen information — credentials and sensitive IP — before it is used in an attack - and remediate quickly to reduce damage to the business.
- Threat Intelligence applies across all functional teams in security:
- Security leadership – Effectively prioritize spend and strategic allocation based on real risk assessment
- Threat analysis – Find and respond to external threats and threat actors.
- Security operations – Accelerate triage and extend visibility with external context; alert on previously unknown threats.
- Vulnerability management – Effectively prioritize based on real-time exploitation information.
- Incident response – Accelerate scoping, attribution, and remediation with external context.
- Vendor Risk Management - work with threat intelligence teams to incorporate real-time cyber risk monitoring into a risk management program.
About Our sponsor
Recorded Future is the only company offering universal threat intelligence software powered by patented machine learning and delivered at scale, combined with world-class intelligence services and cyber research expertise to help security professionals identify, prioritize, and quickly respond to relevant threats targeting their organization. Recorded Future is laser focused on delivering actionable threat intelligence while dramatically reducing the time-consuming manual processes of threat intelligence analysis. Delivered in a SaaS model for everywhere access and future-proofing against changing security requirements, Recorded Future software automates the collection of data across an unparalleled breadth of sources (open, deep, and dark web) while integrating an organization’s proprietary intelligence, and delivering relevant alerts in real time to dramatically improve operational efficiency and network defense.