Reference No: 2060/48
Location: City of London
Business Continuity Senior Associate, this role will assist with the implementation of the Business Continuity Management programme. Your role will be to assess and review transitional projects, disaster recovery implementation and planning to align with Recovery Time and Recovery Point Objectives. To support the activities of the Risk & Compliance team and champion the embedding of a compliance awareness culture throughout the business.
- To support the activities of the Risk & Compliance team and champion the embedding of a compliance awareness culture throughout the business.
- Maintain all administration of the BCM lifecycle
- Identify improvements opportunities to the BCM lifecycle
- Manage the development and improvement of business continuity plans in line with ISO 22301.
- Identification of risks to business continuity, mitigation actions and implementation follow-up.
- Manage the annual business continuity test plan
- Develop and maintain training and awareness program
- To maintain continued operations, asset protection, and loss mitigation in the event of a disruption, coordinating activities of resources with the company’s business units
- Work with business unit management to enhance contingency and mitigation plans. Key objectives are that business units can continue functioning with minimal disruption.
- Perform periodic reviews and tests of established Business Continuity Plans and procedures, reporting findings to management and making recommendations for improvements as needed.
- Ensure tests of the work area recovery sites are done annually
- Define and design new resilience framework
- Attend and actively participate in any relevant committees.
- Act as mentor to more junior peer colleagues providing motivation and empowerment where appropriate.
- Demonstrate and encourage continuous improvement and innovative thinking; identify and correct shortfalls in performance levels.
- Identify and implement efficiencies to ensure team priorities continue to be met.
- Demonstrate correct application of business processes to internal/external stakeholders.
- Present self professionally and knowledgeably with stakeholders – trusted to represent R&C across the business in forums / projects.
- Challenge the views of others (including more senior members) providing justification / rationale as appropriate.
- Identify and escalate issues implementing required solutions and assisting more junior peer colleagues in developing solutions.
- Anticipate upcoming change and flexibly prepare shifting priorities according to demand.
Industry certification in one or more of: BCI, PMI, CISI, ITIL or related
Skills & Experience
- Detailed understanding of Business Continuity best practice guidelines
- Understanding incident / crisis management including a knowledge of emergency response and the ability to develop, implement and manage BC Plans.
- Project management skills and an understanding of Continuous Improvement
- An understanding of organisational culture and the ability to collaborate with staff in related management disciplines.
- Facilitation skills to plan and direct meetings, training workshops and exercises
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills relating to BIA and risk assessment
- Prior relevant industry experience in for example Compliance, Risk, Audit is essential.
- Understands how the role contributes to the wider business agenda and benefit / impact on the success of the business.
- Builds strong internal networks across different levels of the organisation and develops networks beyond own business area including externally.
- Excellent administration, planning and organisation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Displays enthusiasm, credibility and determination.
- Ability to grasp new ideas and concepts quickly and use them effectively.
- Passion for continuous improvement.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.