Location: Central London
Salary: £49,482 - £59,582
Come and join us for an exciting and high-reaching role within our newly formed Cyber Office!
The goal of this position is to protect our data, systems, services and users from accidental or malicious attack. The organisation is 12 months into a programme to improve our cyber security posture which is centred on embracing a Zero Trust approach to cyber security. In addition, the team updating our existing vulnerability management platform and web application testing capabilities.
We are a large and complex organisation which is distributed across six major locations. There are some 50,000+ systems on the network and ICT provide the technical and administrative support.
The successful candidate will join a team whose stated goal is that Security should be a technology enabler, allowing everyone to access all their data and services quickly, safely and securely from any location at any time.
As part of this growing team, you will provide consultancy both to ICT and the wider userbase on matters related to IT Security. You will need to communicate to a wide range of stakeholders providing pragmatic advice utilising a risk-based approach.
Duties and responsibilities
• Takes proactive steps and puts into place measures to ensure that ICT has proper mechanisms in place to protect the data, systems and users from accidental or malicious attack and ensure the we meet all our regulatory obligations with respect to protection of data.
• Acting as a key contact for the department to provide security expertise to a variety of stakeholders.
• Providing consultancy, make decisions and provide advice to members of Imperial on IT Security.
• Assists with developing the vision, principles, strategy and roadmap for IT security, covering tools, controls and processes and technology.
• Is up to date with the latest security technologies and techniques, plus latest internal and external threats and understands how these fit in with large complex organisations.
• Capable of designing secure system architectures through the application of patterns and principles, to meet user needs while managing risks. Capable of identifying security issues in system architectures.
• Strong research and analytical skills to track and predict IT security trends
• Knowledge of a broad range of current and developing IT technologies, architectures and delivery models.
• Experience of conducting and leading investigations relating to breaches of security or other security matters.
• Degree or equivalent, a technical qualification or comparable experience preferably in a Cyber Security Role.